Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The best thing since sliced bread.

Ok, so I have begun work here at the prison, but am still trying to figure out what that work will actually be. While I am currently settling in, there are several things that I have noticed in the past few weeks that I took for granted back in the states. While some of these are available down here in Tonga, accessibility and price definitely play a factor. Chances are, you probably take them for granted as well and don't even know it. Some of them may be big, some may be extremely small things. Here is just a short list:

sliced bread
any kind of bread other than white
boneless chicken
Radio stations that play a variety of music (If I hear Akon one more time, I may go into convulsions)
Rock music
couchs, futons, hammocks, or even bean bag chairs
carpeting
bookstores
Ground beef or even chuck steaks
hot water



On the other hand there are several things that i have seen here that I cannot believe we do not have back in the states yet. This list is somewhat shorter however:
Solar charger for cell phone
9 Movies in 1 for $4 ( So far I have the Mel Gibson, Denzel Washington, and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson collections, gotta love countries where copy right laws don't apply.)

Hope all is well.

2 comments:

  1. Dude - you're always all over those movie deals. I have solar cell phone chargers at work. We hack them apart and use them to charge wireless sensors used in testing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shouldn't say they don't have solar cell phone chargers in the states, but I will say that they don't come free with the cheapest phone available.

    ReplyDelete